Saturday 11 June 2016

My first Ramadhan in Aberdeen


Salam w.b.t. and hello folks.
I don’t have fancy pictures of food, restaurants, whatnot to be posted on social network. But, I would like to share so far what it is like fasting here, in Aberdeen. Ramadhan 6 today.
Maghrib is around 10.15 pm, and Subuh is around 2.10 am. So, I have approximately 4 hours to before I start fasting again. Well, compared to Finland and nearby regions, they have less than an hour. So, 4 hours. Should not complain much.
Also, I shared with my workmates about Ramadhan, fasting, and basic ideas why Muslim fast.
*
Kris: I have an energy drink in my car. I can nip out and give it to you.
Me: What? Energy drink? No, no. When I say fasting, I mean no food, no drink, nothing goes inside our body.
Kris: What??! I thought you cannot eat only. You can drink. What if you dehydrate?
Me: I haven't reach that level yet, and I can assure you it won't be until dehydration. If it is too much, I will just break my fast. So, don’t worry.
*
Alan: Toon, are you fasting ey?
Me: Yeah. Do you want to try to fast with me as well?
Alan: I don't think I will make it. If I don’t eat and hungry, I will be grumpy and have my period all day.
Me: You are the first man I know that can have period ;)
*
Workshop supervisor came and asked me several questions about Ramadhan and fasting. After our chat, I told him, I am not really good at explaining stuffs but I will try my best to answer.
He said, "Nah, don’t worry. You already answer all my questions. Before this, we did not have a chance to ask this sort of thing here. Since you are here, we can ask you".
"I will try my best to address all the questions, Fincham".
*
They are curious, curious on many things. They asked about headscarf, hajj, mosques, and many other things. Some even asked about marriage (Hahahaha). Most of the times, I doubt if I have properly explained to them since I am not that alim.
Anyway, Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone. No matter where we are, we are aiming the same objective, to be a better person.

The view of Edinburgh from Arthur's Seat. I went there last month.

P/S - The responsibility is bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop