Wednesday 12 October 2016

50 pence


Salam w.b.t and hi all,

How are you doing? I would like to share a story what happened to me yesterday. I hired a driving instructor to teach me to drive before taking my practical driving test for UK driving license. Currently, I am using my international driving license but it will expired early of December. My driving test will be in early of November, and I need to be prepared.

Therefore, yesterday was the second class by this instructor. I will just name him as SN. He charges me £33.00 per hour lesson. Ok, I am fine with it although it is a bit expensive. Yesterday was one and half hour lesson, therefore the price would be £33.00 + £16.5 = £49.50. The transaction was made in cash, pay before the lesson starts. I knew the price but I intently asked him, ''How long the lesson and how much?''

SN answered, ''That would be £50.00''.

''Oh wait, I thought it would be £49.50 for 1.5 hours'', I said

''Well normally I will just round it up. It is just 50 pence. Do you need that 50 pence, seriously?''

I passed him £50, ''Oh yeah, I need it. I am not posh, and I am working, even though it is 50 pence''.

He passed £2.00 to me, ''I don’t have change''.

''I have the change here. There it is £1.50''.

''There you go. You get your 50 pence. You can go buy a bar of chocolate with that'', SN said.

''Oh aye. I will buy it after the lesson. That’s the plan''.

He just scoffed.

It was a bit annoying to me. I am not stingy, but in some situations, you have to be professional. Besides, I am working just like him. I did not get the money from my poo.

Let me put this way. If you go to the KFC, and the price of the meal you buy is £6.20. Then, you just pay £6.00 and do you expect the cashier will let you get away together with the meals?

No, I don’t think so.

This is similar situation, you have to be professional instead of ridiculing the person.

Well, unless the person says, ''Keep the change'', so you can keep it.

I felt irritated but I don’t care. Yesterday was probably the last lesson I had with him.

P/S - Oh man. I look forward to the next best thing. I watched Deepwater Horizon last Sunday. It was a really great movie, I am telling you. You must watch it. I think I will include the movie review in my blog entries in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop