Monday 18 May 2020

Extra measures to travel offshore

Salam w.b.t and hi all,

I am in Doha now. Get off the Rig Lovanda last Saturday, 9-May and I am so happy.

The trip from the rig to Doha took quite a long time, I don't remember I ever experienced this long before. I took off from the rig about 6AM and arrived in Doha approximately around 8AM.

Actually, the chopper travel from Doha - Rig Lovanda - Rig Mick O Brien - Rig Al Jassra - Platform North Field Alpha - Platform Rasgas Alpha - Doha.

Quite a journey.

These days the travel of offshore is pretty strict actually. With the current Covid-19, extra measures are in place.


  • Some of the clients will require the personnel going to their rigs to be quarantined at their designated place for two weeks. 
  • At least two days prior departure, the personnel is arranged for the Swab Test to ensure they are negative. Why two days? The result of the test comes out within 48 hours via text message I believe. I haven't done it but that's what my colleague told me. If the result is negative, then you are clear to go to the rig.
  • Mandatory PPE - Face mask, hand gloves are now part of the mandatory PPE that need to be utilized while going to/off the rig. These will be provided by both rig operators and our company. Like me, most of the time I have extra in my possession to last for some time. 

Here in the chopper about to touch down in Doha. Well, phones are not allowed in the chopper. So this picture is illegal.

Now it is nearly 10 days I am in Doha. Been relaxing, do the online training. Well, nothing fancy. A bit bored as well because I did not go out since I am in Doha. I have been ordering food outside and cook myself with whatever groceries I have in the fridge. All my housemates are away. 

That's the update for now. I will keep you posted. 

Take care and Salam w.b.t.

P/S - When you say, "I don't give a sh*t", do you guys really mean it? Or is it depends on the situation? Or is it just a way to vent your frustration at that point of time? I would like to know the definition when I heard about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop