Saturday 16 January 2021

Happiness is a Choice

Salam w.b.t and hi all,

Today, I started my shift. I am doing night shift now. 

I came in and briefly chatted, the day engineer, i.e. my trainee commented, "Why you looks so happy?". 

Maybe he could sense my energy was different. My immediate answer was, "I just woke up from sleep and still have plenty of energy to start my shift". We proceed with handover and now here I am writing this piece. 

I reflected about his comment. 

I do not have any particular reason why I was happy. I just woke up from sleep and that’s it. 

Then I remember, I read something similar saying "Happiness is a choice". 

Unconsciously, I probably decided to take it easy today and be happy. Then it reflected on my appearance and spread across the room. Alhamdulillah, I am breathing and happy. 

I am at the rig, same land rig and today is 5th day. I got about 6 days in town although it was really not days off. Been calling to the base for tools preparation for two consecutive days right after coming from the previous job, certificate renew at training center, swab test. I had barely had time to rejuvenate. I asked why no other engineer as I was exhausted. I came back late every night to apartment. This is too much. Several issues as some engineers were in quarantine, positive Covid, no other senior engineers.

Even one late night, the manager called me to inform I had to come to the base on the next day. I barely had room for myself and this time, I said No. I need rest and he understood. Finally, I managed to get two days for myself.

I finished this. It is very inspirational.

Apartment I currently staying will due in 3 months. All SLB employee were supposed to be kick out from the apartment in November and moved to the opposite building. However, the notice was last minute and everybody pissed off. Since many personnel at the rigsite, out of country, quarantine, etc. They cancelled it and decided lets move in the next three months. Unfortunately, this circus shows by SLB may happen again - giving us late notice. My apartment mate and the rest of the employees does not want to fall into this idiotic trap again, packed our stuff in advance. 

I did the same. I looked for boxes at the base, market, and shops. I packed my stuff. 
 

While packing, my mind was partially hopeful these packages are actually I am packing to go home for good.

I scrapped many things I no longer needed, papers, notes, junks. Some of it I feel like I need it, but as per Marie Kondo keep things that make you happy. 


I had old glasses. I threw the above three as the power is no longer suit me.

The money plant still growing well. You see the small building on the background? Thats where we supposed to move.

Yesterday. We pulling out of the hole due to poor ROP. Nevertheless, we took picture to capture the moment. 


I have many things going on in my mind. There are many uncertainties. Future is full of mysteries. 


I read the Shoe Dog, I find it is very strong book and motivating. However I am nervous. 

I don't know what I am trying to say now. When I have something solid to share, I will write here again.

In the meantime, please take care and stay strong. 

Salam w.b.t.

P/S - It is freezing cold here now in the desert. It is winter. The rig location is now on the hill/mountain, 177ft above the sea level. The terrain looks good for hiking. I will take pictures and share it later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop