Thursday 11 September 2014

Epic Twist, Medical Check-Up


Salam w.b.t and Hello everybody.

How is everyone doing? I hope each of you is doing great and healthy, I really mean it. For me, I am not bad. My arms can already move properly and it took nearly two days for the recovery. Actually there is an interesting story behind this and I will tell you about it later, yeah.

Firstly, I would like to share an epic twist that I mentioned in the previous entry, Schlumberger, Recruitment Process . For me, it was an epic twist but I am not sure what others think. This is about the recruitment process to join Sclumberger. After I received the call from HR Manager, he said I will get the formal offer letter on Friday. Three days later, which was on Friday, I did not receive anything from Schlumberger. I did not feel good and I felt afraid the history will repeat itself (where the company do not want to issue the letter although I am successful due to stupid excuse, I shared in the previous entry). So, I prayed and waited patiently that nothing bad will happen. I felt the weekend was so long because Monday was a public holiday due to Independence Day. I was planning to email the HR Manager on Tuesday to ask if there is anything happen. On Tuesday, I got his reply. To my surprise, Schlumberger will not give me the offer letter until someone in Queensland speak with me. From his email, a direct manager in Queensland wants to have a chat with me on the next day. I said to myself, "Oh God, the process is not over yet". It was so intimidating and nerve wrecking as I have to prepare for the call which I do not expected. On the next day, I received the call from the direct manager located in Queensland. Basically, it was not a chat but it was an interview like the first interview with the HR Manager. I have to introduce myself, explain stuffs, and others. The call lasted about 14 minutes and that was it. I just pray that everything will go fine and it was so exhausted for me as well as for my mother. You know what, at this stage, anything could happen. On the next day, I received the formal offer letter from SLB. Actually the letter was send to me the night before, around 10 pm. I did not open my email because I do not want to. Alhamdulillah, I am in and hopefully the process will go smoothly as silk.

Everything was stated in the letter and I have to reply it as soon as possible. Then, I need to arrange the pre-employment medical exam and drug test before initiate the visa application process. The appointment was on Monday at 7.45 am in Kuala Lumpur. A day before, I read all health guidelines given by panel doctors in Paris and also Google the experience of people who have gone through this medical check-up. From my quick research, I got the idea the medical exam will be very, very, very detail. Haha, this is make me so uncomfortable.

In the morning of the appointment day, I was the first person from SLB that will undergo med check-up. I also met another SLB employee-to-be, Satya. He will be based in the office, while I will be in the field and our segment are related. He was nice and friendly. Other than that, there are also employees from other companies came to the clinic for various reasons. I saw people from Petronas, ExxonMobil, and others. I did the medical test; vision test, hearing test, blood test, ECG, and urine test. There are other test physical test done by the female doctor. I never did this test before and I feel awful about this. In this test, the doctor will check every parts of your body, from tip of your hair until tip of your toes with clothes-off. Again, from up to bottom, no question!

The medical check-up did not end here, I failed the Spirometry test for numerous times. Firstly, I never know this test ever exist before. Haha, funny! The spirometry test is basically to check your lungs' capacity. The doctors and nurses were so patient. The male doctor said he do not want to fail me because he know I can do it. The female doctor also insisted me to push myself because she know I can do it and there is no problem with my lungs. At some point, I said to them that I don’t think I can make it and the nurses shake their heads violently. They want me to do it and pass the test. They give me some time to break and  relax. I had to go for three sessions just to pass this test. Actually, the test was easy cheesy for some people but not for me as I did not know the right technique to do it. In the third session, there were to doctors and two nurses to assist me and to make sure I pass the test. After about 3 times in the third session, I finally made it. Hahaha...I could see the doctors and the nurses excited and getting ready to collect the data to be compiled in the report. After the test, I thanked each one of them for their patient and supports. 

 This is what I experienced but without the clip on the nose

I also had 6 needles poked into my skin, 1 for blood test (left arm) and the rest was for the vaccines. I received 5 vaccines, 5! There were 2 and 3 injections on left and right arms respectively. It was so painful. The sixth vaccine will be in the next month. Both of my arms were numbed for two days and I can't even lift my hands straight up in the air. The doctor gave me the painkiller but it was useless. Luckily, no side effects and no fever.


Yeah, right.
I guess this is it for this entry. I will update you guys later and take care. Salam w.b.t and bye.

P/S - Does anybody know where to buy a good and reliable power bank for phone other than The Faiz Ibrahim? In his website, the stocks always finish faster than I thought. I would like to buy one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I know this thread is quite old, but may I know which hospital in KL did you go for medical check-up ? I also have an upcoming pre-employment medical check-up which will take place in KL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot the name of the building. But the clinic name is Integral OHS, Jalan Kia Peng, KL. Near to jalan tun razak

      Delete

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop