Saturday 31 December 2016

End of year entry

Salam w.b.t and hi all.

First all, I look forward to go home, Malaysia. My flight will be on Monday, Aberdeen - London - Malaysia.

Hopefully will be arrived home safe and sound, and not miss my connecting flight.  

I have several projects line up when I am home.

One of the project is to fix the house. After all the years, my mother's house need a maintenance since many things damage. Toilet door fell off, roof leaks here and there, cracks in our bedroom, and many more.

I just remained silent and did not say a word to my mother about fixing things because I did not have enough budget.

Alhamdulillah, now I can confidently say to my mother, "Mak, go find suitable and reliable builder to fix our house. This is the budget I have, and Mak can use it to fix the house".


I told her about my intention last week. So, right now I am sure she is pretty occupied with surveying and finding what need to be done to fix our house. She is a pro about this, as long as we have the resources.

So, when I come home next week, I will help about cleaning, moving furniture, etc.

I told her, for now, just to fix the main damages first because that is the budget I have for now. She has a dream to renovate and enlarge the front of the house, make a beautiful garage, roof, and gate. I will try to fulfill her dream next year or earlier, InsyaAllah.

Also, I want to go back to our hometown to visit Atok. He must be very surprised since I don't tell him about I am going home.

I am ready to leave Aberdeen. I already packed my bags, let go many groceries, and other items. Tomorrow will be the final cleaning, basically just to mop the house, dispose the rubbish, and do the laundry. I already vacuumed and cleaned it yesterday, so not much to do.

I have been sleeping in the sleeping bag since last week. See...how ready I am to go home for holiday. Hahaha..

Two days ago, I thought I want to sweep the leaves at the backyard, but it was just to chill outside. I reckon around 3-5 degree C and I cannot work in this cold. So, I think forget it. I might get frostbite if I stand outside a minute longer with only wearing shirt + sweater + sweatpants.

Do you expect me to wear winter jacket, socks, scarf, gloves, and thermal shirts just to sweep the backyard? Nah, thanks. 

Tonight, will go out with friends, have dinner, and celebrate Hogmanay. Hogmanay is the Scottish version of New Year.

I don't know what to expect in 2017 actually since all my resolutions are still in draft stage. Hahaha...shoot.

Okay, I think that's all I have on my mind for now.

Take care and see you guys next year.

Salam w.b.t.

P/S - I gotta the feeling...hooo...that tonight is gonna be a good night



2 comments:

  1. Its very nice to see such gesture with parents, particularly mother. No doubt its your parents' prayers that you are where you intended! Best wishes for future endeavours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      All the best to you too.

      Siti Nor Atiqah

      Delete

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop