Tuesday 7 April 2020

Keep marching on!


Salam w.b.t and hi all,

How are things going so far? I would like to make a quick update.

I am aware, it is a tough time for everybody especially for the fresh graduates. In this challenging time, please don’t give up in looking for a job. You will not get your dream job straight away, but now it is about survival - get a job to continue living.

I, myself has started updating my resume, LinkedIn, profiles on company pages, in fact start sending out job applications. At the start, no reply from any of the company. However, I managed to get a hang on several recruiters via phone calls and emails. I would not say recruiters, but they are personnel who sort out resume in early stage of job application.

What are these personnel doing? For example, they have 200 applicants for a particular job, then from 200 applications, they will narrow it down to 100 applicants. When they resume the recruitment process, they will take from 100 applications they screened earlier.

In my opinion, the personnel involved with HR, recruiters are quite active now since they are working from home. In normal office environment, maybe they don’t have time and space to sort out and reach out to applicants.

The conclusions are;

  • Don’t give up.
  • Update your resume.
  • If you haven't done this, sign up on LinkedIn and update it.
  • There are free learning materials in LinkedIn as well, utilize it.

Keep fighting! Aja aja fighting! Hahaha..

Salam w.b.t and take care all.

P/S - I read a book about Ronda Rousey last year, and recently watched documentary about her on Netflix. It is a great motivation to keep fire in yourself lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop