Monday 20 April 2020

Ramadhan ya Ramadhan


Salam w.b.t and hi all,

How are you doing? Things are going well with you? I hope you are doing fine.

I am doing alright. Currently working on the rig called Rig Lovanda, I would say it is quite close to Iran border. I have been here since 15th April, relieving my colleague. This rig is brand spanking new, it is good. Internet provided, and I got my own room. Initially when I arrived I was assigned to a room share with the female trainee. However, after some discussions with the person in charge, I managed to get a room without sharing. The reasons were;

  • I will be doing 6-6, and the other will do 12-12. We will disturb each other
  • There is no changing room and bathroom designated for female crew, again, we will bother each other when we enter the room
  • Easier for me to enter and pray in the room, rather than sharing the musolla with the rig crew

Overall, I am glad I got the room for myself.

I don’t have anything particular to write about now. It is quite random time I wrote this entry. I am on my shift now, working and not too busy now.

I called my mother last week, a day before I departed to the rig. Also, texted her from time to time. So it was alright.

Maybe I should address that I am grateful because I still have a job, and actually working. In this tough situation in this Oil and Gas industry, too many variables have affecting the workforces. The Covid19 has created the Domino effect around the world.

Therefore, I am grateful for that. Though, I am struggling with the motivation to keep myself up.

I will be Ramadhan soon, approximately 3 days left before entering Ramadhan. Time flies really fast.

I have been complaining a lot, but I did not do anything to change it. That’s the problem actually.

Why don’t I do something about it? That’s a good question.

Till then.

Salam w.b.t and stay safe everyone.

P/S - Ramadhan ya Ramadhan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop