Saturday 1 August 2020

Kisses story

Salam w.b.t and hello all..

 

How are you guys been doing? I am still at the rig.

 

Few hours ago, I shared a story with my colleague, G who is on the same shift with me about a chocolate.

 

Let me give you a context. 2-3 days ago, G asked me if I have chocolates. He knows I have chocolates because I eat it all the time, and I offered him and other colleagues. It has been nearly 1 month we are working here together. So, I find it is weird when he asked me if I have chocolates as he knows I have it.

 

Anyway, I said "Yes, I have chocolates". At the same time, immediately reached the fridge to get the chocolates for him. Then he said, "No, no it is not for me. It is for the guys in the doghouse". Then I stopped and I said, "If it is for them, nope, I don’t have any chocolates".

 

Then about 5-6 hours ago, I shared to him about "Kisses".

 

You know about a chocolate brand Kisses, right? Here it is the picture.

 


 

#Throwback

 

About four years ago, I was at the land rig known as GDI-8. I was trying to be nice to the rig crew for helping me out in physical stuffs. As you all know, all are males. It is normal to give them anything like chocolates, candies just to make them happy so they will help us again in the future.

 

At that time, I have chocolate Kisses packet. It is small and easy to pass around, right. Besides, it is economically cheap for me to buy one packet which probably contains 50 pieces. Then passed it around. So, I passed several Kisses chocolate to the guys. One of the guy, he took the chocolate's name as in literal way - kisses.

 

I don’t remember the exact word but the gist was, "I should not give kisses to random guy" or "I should not give random kisses to guy". Something like that…it was awkward. Krik krik krik..The same guy, he was trying to get kind of closer to me, try to talk with me, digging my background, asking me weird questions, family etc. The problem is, I passed to others as well, not just to this dude. The rest of the folks were fine, except this dude. I did not know why he was acting weird.

 

Since then, I hardly buy this chocolate Kisses to pass it to the rig crew because of this. I don’t want to go through this awkward situation and misinterpretation.

 

I shared the story to my colleague, G. He was laughing about it.

 

In retrospect, it was funny when thinking about it. Males are weirdly creative.

 

I don’t have much to write about this time.

 

Eid Adha Mubarak all.

 

Take care and Salam w.b.t.

 

P/S - I will be going home after this job, InsyaAllah. Looks like a lot of procedure to go through. Will see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind? Share it with me :D

See you at the next pit stop